GSRTC - Gujarat State Road Transport CorporationGSRTC (Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation) is a public road passenger transport operator in Gujarat state of India. The corporation provides various bus services in Gujarat and nearby States. The establishment of GSRTC was on 1 May 1960, along with the formation of Gujarat State. While formation the corporation was divided into seven divisions with seventy six depots, seven workshops and 1767 buses. Right now GSRTC have sixteen divisions, one hundred twenty six depots, two hundred twenty six bus stations, 1554 bus stands and approximate eight thousand buses. Currently GSRTC employs more than fifty thousand employees.
Technical Facility @ GSRTC
- Hierarchy of three level workshops. At top, one central workshop, then sixteen divisional workshops and then one hundred twenty six depot workshops.
- Seven tyre retreading plants
- A bus body building plant with capacity of produces thousand bus bodies in a year
- Ticket printing press
Divisions: Ahmedabad, Bhuj, Bharuch, Mehsana, Palanpur, Vadodara, Surat, Valsad, Nadiad, Godhra, Himatnagar, Bhavnagar, Amreli, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Rajkot
Awards: Ministry of Road Transport and Highway, Government of India and Indian Road Transport Undertaking provides National award for fuel economy for year 2006-2007
GSRTC Special Services: Below are the special services run by corporation-
- Festival service
- Services for school and colleges
- Service for industrial zones
- Service for religious destinations
- Services to accommodate some major schedules of railway
- Rented bus service- on special occasions GSRTC provide buses on rental basis to public.
Type of buses: Intercity express, ordinary buses, Semi-Luxury buses, Luxury buses, express service, AC bus service, sleeper buses and Volvo buses.
Discount: 10% discount on return journey and 5% on group booking is offered by GSRTC.
Reservation Charges: Express and Gurjarnagri- INR 5, Sleeper and Luxury- INR 7, AC- INR 10 and Volvo- INR 20.
Cancellation Charges: 0-1 Day - 25% of Basic Fare, 2-5 Day 20% of Basic Fare, 6-10 Day 15% of Basic Fare, 11-20 Day 10% of Basic Fare and 21-60 Day 5% of Basic Fare
Advance Reservation: GSRTC offers 60 days advance reservation, also trip sheet prepared before thirty minutes of bus service departure. Before trip sheet preparation, passenger will be able to reserve their seats.